Saturday, May 5, 2012

Perfect Ply ~

I was finally able to begin to ply this beautiful 50/50 merino/silk fiber. I was a little nervous to begin, as I have been Navajo plying for the last several plying yarns and wondered if I could go back to a two ply with any control.  I was hoping desperately for a Jitterbug twist or Koigu ply, where the two singles are so neatly piled on top of each other, almost like a horizontal stack...does that make sense, can you picture that?
As I started plying, the singles felt so smooth going through my fingers. These colors are so fabulous and they were combining in such a lovely barber pole of colors, and other times the same color would ply together making it a surprise of what colors would end up as the primary color when all was done. At one point when I leaned over to move the bobbin, I stopped and stared..... as there was a perfect Jitterbug ply... for a little bit of length, there was a perfect twist...be still my Jitterbug-lovin' heart!
Perfect ply for me....perfect for this lovely yarn!  Perfect for this spot in my spinning journey!  I am thrilled!!!

No comments: