Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fraternal Twins ~

On Mothers' Day, I cast on a lovely shawl for myself, out of my super deluxe handspun that I am oh-so-proud of... and I also cast on a pair of socks for my oldest daughter, as I had just cast off her Zebra Socks and needed to have some on the needles for her....never mind that her younger sister has two pair of socks on needles at this moment (these and these), and I know I need to focus on one pair of them... Well, the socks I cast on for the oldest is from the yarn that I received from my secret pal earlier this year... a lovely Regia called...World Circus...very colorful and fun....so I separated the ball into equal halves and felt very clever that I separated the yarn so that both socks would start with mint green.......
However, the stripes are not going along the same way, and I realize now that they will be fraternal twin socks instead of identical....and I've checked with oldest daughter and she is ok with fraternal twin socks, as long as I keep knitting on them so she can wear them some day soon!  Good to know!!!   I think they are very fun, and I get excited wondering what the next color on both socks will be!!!

No comments: