Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Auditions ~

I have had this dream yarn since January, and I knit my swatch in February. So, you ask, "Why haven't you cast on that sweater yet?"  Well, that is a very good question....I thought I knew which sweater this yarn wanted to be.... Gwen...... and then I started thinking about Gwen, and why don't those models from Rowan ever look like they are enjoying their knitwear? So I looked on Ravelry and there are happy people wearing Gwen....so that was good news...... Then there was Maureen.....simple and oversized as a cardigan should be, and I could change the bottom and cuffs to ribbing......then there was the Moss Cabled Cardigan, which has always tugged at me as it is the Central Park Hoodie sans hood. Each night I look through my three books......Gwen?
Maureen?
Or Moss Cabled........
You might think that this sweater business is too much of a commitment for me....so I go back to knitting on socks.....and the auditions for "perfect sweater" continue......

No comments: