Monday, April 28, 2014

Plying Chevoit ~

Spinning and plying this Chevoit fiber has been a learning experience for me. After plying, this yarn is beautiful and bouncy and still so bright white and creamy. I have not measured the yardage yet, so not sure how much I was able to get with this eight ounce bump of lovely fiber.  I am pleased with how evenly spun and plyed this fiber turned out. All my practicing seems to be paying off in that my "thick and thin" skeins have turned into more consistent plys of DK or sport weight yarn. Hurrah for my spinning! Hurrah for my Pocket Wheel!
I will have to wait to next weekend to do the measuring, unless I can be inspired to measure yarn after a day at the office....sometimes the day job gets in the way of all the fiber adventures I am planning!  As I was plying this yarn, I kept wondering if this is soft enough to wear next to the skin, or more rustic for outer wear? I will have to test this with my knitting friends and daughters to see how they vote!

No comments: