Monday, January 18, 2010

Overtime blues ~

Last weekend the Packers lost in overtime.... Today the Detroit Redwings lost in overtime... to be technically correct, we didn't lose in overtime, but in a sudden death shoot out....those are real nail biters!!!


New goalie that I've never seen before today ~ Jimmy Howard. I hope he has a good year (better than today's showing, although he was pretty tough).

Overtime provides more time for bonding with my guy, well, and more time for knitting... but it is a major bummer when we lose after all this time and effort!
The helmet liner is just about done ~ I'm knitting the decreases for the crown, and then I have to pick up the stitches around the face for a 2 by 2 rib so the wool stays close to the soldier's face. I'll let you know how the picking up stitches works, as that is a bit tricky for me to pick them up evenly...

No comments: