Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chicks are here ~

Last Wednesday, April 7, we picked up the next generation of hens. There are 8 little cuties and they are all extremely cute. The theme for names this generation is great cities. The breeds are some favorites and some new ones. There are two Sicilian buttercups (named Paris and Victoria), two Black Australops (Oslo and Quinta), two Rhode Island Reds (named Betty Crocker and....not sure of the other name....sorry....) and two Americauna (named Sedona and....oh dear....I've forgotten another one....whoops!).

They are all cute.....very sweet, indeed....

we are having a lot of fun with them all....

Aren't they cute?!!!

2 comments:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

When I move back to Norway and settle down I want chickens /hens. I think they are adorable. Good idea about the name giving... if one can remember them;-)
One of the films I loved the most from last year was Julia child. loved it.

me said...

The chicks/hens are lots of fun, what personalities they have! Our Julia was a special one, very curious and would sit next to me as I knit. My other favorite, named after Stephanie Pearl McFee (sp?) used to sit with me while I knit, but she would eat my yarn...so I had to watch her carefully!!!