Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rookie yarn ~

Wow... it does look like yarn....there are parts of the skein that are even consistently plyed.

There are lots of parts that are thick and thin....

I do love the yellow blending of colors... and the yarn is very soft merino ~ although I found out at the spinning guild that merino is not the best to begin spinning with, but it was so soft that I couldn't resist the roving....


This is my first yarn from my spinning. I'm happy with the experience, and have learned a lot. Plying still mystifies me, so I'll need to try that again....

Wow - real yarn.... I made real yarn....

Hurrah!!!!

5 comments:

pompa said...

You did a great job. I love the feel of it.
I never tried making yarn but tried coloring and it is so much fun.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Ups... sorry . my bf was logged on I did not wathc out... it s me commenting....:-)

me said...

Gosh, I was hoping for another follower that loves yarn!! The more the merrier!!!

I think I'll try to cast on for a hat with this yarn...plus I want to keep spinning to see if I can improve!!

Alrischa said...

Yours is SOOO much better than my first effort! Love the yellows, too, and I think a hat will look great. Addictive, isn't it?

me said...

You are oh-so-kind to say kind words about my rookie yarn ~ the spinning is still such a mystery, and, yes, addicting as I'm not sure how you all can spin such wonderful yarn... Those on your blog are stunning ~ I can only hope my jouney leads me in that direction!!!! :)