Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Draft and walk the twist ~

click here for more of the Knitting Art (or Yarn Bombing) from yesterday's post. Also check the comments to see the Etsy shops of these creative women ~ Hurrah!
As for my day today, I was practicing more spinning. Right now my technique is, "spin drop spindle" then "stop spindle between my knees" then "draft fiber and walk the twist up to the drafted fiber" and then start again.

My goal for today was to try to "draft and walk the twist" while the spindle was still spinning, but I didn't master that yet. It worked a few times, but I need to draft much thinner to be able to "walk the twist" while the spindle is moving....


but it is a lot of fun trying.... and soon I'll have enough single ply to try plying again....

1 comment:

Alrischa said...

I did the "stop it between your knees" trick for ages! lol! I still find the drafting tricky. Mostly I split the fibre into thin strips so I'm half-way there. Is that cheating? hehe. It's good practice for when you cave and get a spinning wheel!