Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring break #3 ~

Arrived in Arizona as soon as we crossed the Hoover Dam and loved it immediately.

Next stop: the West Rim of the Grand Canyon to walk on the Skywalk ~ holy cow what an adventure!!! We had a blast!


Walking out on the glass was like being on a roller coaster, as my stomach lurched as I looked down 4,000 feet into the Canyon, but I wasn't moving...sort of the roller coaster standing still....


The longer we were there, the easier it was to walk on the glass....without holding on to the rail... in our little slippers they gave us so we wouldn't skuff up the glass.... Here's a picture of the Skywalk from the air (not taken by me... obviously!) so you get an idea of how the semi-circle juts out into the Canyon....see it on your left?


Amazing place...I love vacation...

3 comments:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

That sky walk made it tickle under my feets. Remembering the glas floor in CN tower, Canada.I had 4 kids standing on that"thing" and I felt like crying. I hated it.
Silly me ;-/

me said...

I'm with you on this - it made me quesy to look down, even though I knew it had to be safe, but my stomach kept dropping like I was on a roller coaster... You're not silly at all!!!!

AG said...

i didn't "love it immediately" when I lived there. it's nice for vacation, but not for living!!