Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sundays at Starbucks ~

My oldest daughter goes to church youth group for Sunday dinner. Since the locations change with each week for a different youth group family, I'm driving to lots of new places each Sunday night, and finally had to buy a GPS so that I would not get lost so much. My GPS happens to have an Australian accent, and is named Mic. I have a lot of fun taking directions from Mic, as he has not been wrong yet, and is very patient when I miss a turn.... anyway, these last few Sundays, I've been stopping at the local Starbucks for an hour and a half of knitting, instead of driving all the way home, and then driving back again. Sometimes I can even cajole my Emma to come with me and have a treat...

This week's treats are a dark cherry chocolate latte and my Sedona scarf....

Both are very yummy, indeed!!

2 comments:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

I miss Starbucks.( next to the friends I made and the LYS) Funny what can grow into you- And after 2 years in Glen Rock NJ, SB is one of the places I miss going to.
I visit a SB in Copenhagen Airport when I´m traveling, but that´s not enough. mmmm

me said...

What sweet thoughts - it is funny how some things grow into you and you miss them... We are so lucky to have Starbucks everywhere, and they are such a comfortable gathering place. I will think of you next time I'm there, and make a toast to all knitters that don't live near a Starbucks... Thanks for your thoughts, I enjoy them so much!!!!