Monday, October 3, 2011

Christmas cast on ~

Now that is it October, are there any knitters out there wondering how to get all your knitting treasures finished for Christmas? I've scaled down my Christmas knitting plans this year, so I hope that I won't be so frantic in December...famous theories for 50, right? Here is a lovely cast on for mum's shawl/wrap, a fun pattern called Peaceful Leaves Yoga Wrap. I'll knit it and not attach the buttons, as my mum would just use it as a shawl.I'm using my Cascade Eco Alpaca, from our wonderful tour of their warehouse (when was that?), as mum has wool issues, and the alpaca is knitting up very sweet, indeed. Using my birthday Signature Needles helps make this a lovely knitting adventure! Not sure if this picture shows off the knitting best, as it was wonderfully sunny when I snapped the picture...now the sunshine is rumored to be gone for this week....

2 comments:

kathy b said...

If your mum has wool issues, why alpaca/ ? Im just curious. SO many wools make me itchy...it is such a shame
it narrows my yarn choices so

me said...

I've heard it is the amount of dander in wool - the wonderful grease/lanolin that makes it so soft can also make sensitive skin itchy. Alpaca and llama doesn't have the amount of lanolin, so those yarns don't bother mum. Plus they are lovely to knit with! I hope you're able to give them a try and not be itchy!!!