Saturday, October 8, 2011

Perfect Pocket Day ~

The day had arrived when my pocket wheel was ready to be picked up. I first tried one at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in September, 2010 and ordered it in November, 2010. At that time it was scheduled to be done in July, 2011. Life happens, and the handcrafters took more time, so I ended up waiting patiently for 11 months. Jitteryknitter and I took the ferry over to Whidbey Island to pick up my wheel, and had the most enjoyable afternoon with "Mr & Mrs Pocket Wheel" They introduced us to their sheep (Violet and flock) and their chickens, plus their angora bunny (can't believe we didn't take any pictures - too excited!). Then we toured the wood working area, and the finishing area, and then into the house to get a spinning lesson. Ahhhhh, the spinning!My zebra wood bobbin seemed to have some tension issues, but I had a blast learning all about my wheel. Their living room was a dream, several pocket wheels to sample, several big baskets of all sorts of fiber, and several big baskets of handspun ~ what a dream! I started getting better at the spinning, and we would have stayed all night! Now there is not so much tension in my singles....(See how one side of the blue has a lot less tension than the other?! Hurrah!)The zebra bobbin still has tension issues we are working out!!!Stay tuned for more fun with the Pocket Wheel!

No comments: