Monday, October 24, 2011

Ocean Knitting ~

This weekend was our relaxing weekend at the ocean. Since I was sure I would have hundreds of hours to knit, I took all my projects and vowed to knit some rows on each one, plus make major progress on mum's shawl that I'm knitting for Christmas. We arrived late Friday night, and by Saturday morning it was pouring rain and I was knitting.Knitting on the sparkle socks with the interesting yarn from Portland's Yarnia. I'd forgotten how fun these socks are, and how amazing it is to knit with many strands of fiber all put together into yarn...it brought back fun memories of visiting Yarnia on our Portland trip last year!Also knitting on the silky socks....so close to being done...and the pouring rain didn't stop the lovely beauty of watching the ocean while knitting!I'm sure I'll finish them this weekend! They look bright and sunny, even in the pouring rain of the ocean weekend!

No comments: