Saturday, October 29, 2011

Say Yah to da UP, eh!

Quick knitting interruption here, as I saw this bumper sticker today and couldn't believe it.For those of you that many not know, the U.P. is the upper peninsula of Michigan. A lovely place where I went to school and met my mountain man - not a lot of people in this area - mostly rural and lovely. Although technically part of Michigan, it has many loyalties to Wisconsin...such as there are many Packer fans in the UP that feel that the Detroit Lions are not their home team.... This bumper sticker, outside Seattle, is very far from home, so I was so curious that there might be a Yooper in the immediate area! Yes, Yoopers are what those that are local to the UP are called - my mountain man is a Yooper.....and he kinda talks like dat....:)

No comments: