Monday, November 28, 2011

Moebius Mishap ~

I mentioned yesterday that my first moebius was not as expected, and I ripped it out. Sad as I was over this moebius mishap, I realized with a *gasp* that I needed to rip out my lovely Koigu Destiny too, as I'd cast on the same amount of stitches for this lovely moebius. Thankfully, I had an inspiration before ripping out the koigu, and I counted how many stitches I had...as I thought I'd cast on 200 in that wonderfully magical way taught by Cat Bordhi. Well, another surprise for me, as there were a total of 360 stitches on the Koigu Destiny needles. This means that when I thought I was supposed to count the "up" and the "down" motion in Cat's cast on, this was an error.Using this knowledge, I cast on (again) the Rio yarn and the Koigu, and using the cast on count I used before, I cast on "only 50" to see what would happen. After the first knitted round on each, I counted stitches and had 200 on each...no idea what happened, other than it must be that magic that Cat talks about...

2 comments:

kathy b said...

oops, ...that's a lot of cast onstitches my knit friend! cant'wait to see it evolve

me said...

"opps" is so correct!!! I still don't know how to count the cast on stitches with Cat's technique, but I'm looking forward to the magic working out!!!