Sunday, July 26, 2009

Horizontal high jinx ~

This is the second time I'm knitting this Horizontal scarf pattern. The first time it was too short and looked like a collar that had fallen off its sweater....so, in an unusual move, I ripped it back and cast on twice as many stitches... and off I go again in a horizontal high jinx. These yarns, and the scarf, are from a class my sister & I took two years ago with Roberta at the Sewing Expo. She was teaching us about all the interesting & creative knitting fibers now available, and gave us samples of each one to practice with in this scarf. Examples of yarn ingredients include corn, milk, soy, metals, crab shells, wood pulp, and some other "hard to believe it can be made into yarn" materials. It was a great class, and a great way to try out these different fibers.

Although, I really should be done knitting this by now!!!!

No comments: