Saturday, July 4, 2009

Perfect way to celebrate ~

Today is a special day in the United States, as Americans celebrate our independence day. This calls for many traditions, such as picnics, barbecues and fireworks.... I'm invited to a barbecue in our neighborhood, with the instruction to bring something to share. Not being a great cook, or even an inspired cook, I was trying to think of what I could make that would not require an oven or stove (as it has been in the 80's this week), something that would honor the tradition of the day, and that I would enjoy making.


I remembered how fun it used to be making home made ice cream, and off I went.... and had perfect success in making raspberry ice cream!


(Can you tell what it is decorated as?)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That looks REALLY good! I'm sure everyone enjoyed!