Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Magic continues ~

As my single ply became too heavy on the spindle to continue, I needed to do the Andean Bracelet maneuver so I could empty the spindle. The Bracelet worked well again, thank heavens, and was plying really well with my heavier spindle.


What part of this was magic, you ask? Well, I noticed that the colors were starting to "barber pole" in the most delightful way! I use the term "barber pole" when the two yarns being plyed are not the same color - like the lovey yarn in my blog banner. This picture (above) is where I first started noticing the barber pole yarn.
This picture is a close up of the barber pole yarn. I can't wait to soak it and start to knit with it. Hey, can you see how much thinner the plys are in this yarn? I think I'm still improving! Hurrah!!

No comments: