Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mitten issues ~

The first mitten turned out great ~ with the small design feature of the thumb being a little on the long and wide side. Plus I did the duplicate stitch on the thumb as keeping the fair isle pattern going on that small thumb was making me a little crazy with the 3 double pointed needles in the way...

Once the first mitten was finished, I cast on the second mitten, as no "second mitten syndrome" for me! As I patted myself on the back, I realized that there was another issue in my mitten future....

I didn't have enough yarn to complete mitten #2....oh, dear...... I will have to go to my local yarn store tomorrow.....(how bad is that, eh?!!!)

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

I just love those spots! I'm already planning blue and white ones... Ü

Caffeine Girl said...

Oh, I hope the store had the skein you needed!