Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spinning homework ~

I had another spinning class this week, and I was ready with my homework well on its way to being done. One of the first assignments of our great teacher is, "Knit something out of your first handspun, as it will turn out better than you could have imagined."

So I ripped out the "birthday 2010 hat" I cast on with my handspun, and cast on a scarf using the Yarn Harlot pattern (also using it with my Venezia yarn). I cast on fewer stitches as I do not have much of my first handspun! As I told the teacher, my first handspun is horribly delightful, as, "I made it myself, and yes, I'm 7 years old!"

There is still joy in saying that, even when one is over 7! I also learned how to ply using an Andean Bracelet, more on that in a future post (no pictures yet!).

1 comment:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Look at you! How great it must be to have done it all by your self!! I totally agree- it feels good even if we´re older than 7 :)