Thursday, January 20, 2011

A new spin ~

Now that I have my original yellow merino off my "sock summit" drop spindle, it is time for me to try out my very new "Cascade Mt. Si" drop spindle that I just bought at the spinning class. I had a gift certificate from my wonderful sister, and decided to use it for this lighter weight spindle.


After much thought, I decided to use the beautiful roving that I received for my birthday from Jitteryknitter. Turns out, this lovely roving is hand dyed by a local crafter, Kate Sitzman, and she's very talented and a delightful person! (Check out her website!) It seemed that the combination of lovely drop spindle and amazingly beautiful roving could only make magic occur.....right?



So, here I go....a new spindle, new roving....time for more improvement and adventure!

No comments: