Saturday, January 15, 2011

Real Yarn, Really ~

Spinning class, still....I can't stop thinking about it... Once Sam had me work through my own Andean Bracelet for plying, I began to ply my merino/tussah roving that I'd been spinning for my class homework. To my amazement, it didn't fight and twist (nor did I shout) like my yellow merino plying episode. The two plys came off of my Andean Bracelet on my left hand to be spun on the spindle with help from my right hand. My spindle was the correct weight to do this perfectly. After the amazement came my delight, this was REAL YARN! It was soft and cushy and didn't have those kinks of tension that my first yellow merino plying gave me. Plus there was much more consistence in the single ply, not so much roving that zoomed past my fingers and into the single.

This is real yarn, really....I'm serious.... I'm improving!!!

1 comment:

Alrischa said...

She's addiiiicted... hehehe. Wonder how long it will be before she's getting a spinning wheel...?