Saturday, September 3, 2011

International special ~

There are some yarns that are always special to a knitter. Often, it is the yarn that takes the knitter out of the "acrylic at box stores" into the brave new world of natural fibers. What a delightful and wondrous leap that is. Yarn from The Natural Dye Studios fits into that category for me. Internationally made, so that gives it that extra special je ne sais quoi... I've made several projects out of this amazing yarn here and here are just two, plus talked about it here....... When I found out that JitteryKnitter was going to vacation in the same land where this lovely yarn is made, I asked if she could look for some, any kind would do....just some that came directly from its homeland...and being the bestest friend ever, this is what she brought me....Yes, it is sooooooo lovely, and 100% silk.......mouth watering colors called Sweet Pea....The bag is delightful too - how lovely it would be to Knit London, but perhaps someday. I'm now looking for a pattern for this amazing treasure....stay tuned!

No comments: