Thursday, September 15, 2011

Secret Pal Surprise ~

Our Secret Pal program ended this past week with a "revealing lunch" when we all get to reveal to our Secret Pals who was giving them special treasures...and find out who had been our Secret Pal. After getting all the wonderful knitting goodies each month, I had visions of exactly who my Secret Pal would be...not by name, but by sight.....She would come to our lunch wearing a cabled cardigan, and a light weight summer scarf, perhaps out of some Shibui Cloud.... or perhaps a summer shawl....I knew she was my kindred spirit, as who else would buy me beaded ArtYarn.....really....who else would? I had used the message board to send Thank You's to my Pal, even sending the YouTube of the Flashmob where I danced with the ArtYarn...I knew she would know how much I loved all these gifts, and that we were kindred spirits....Well, at the lunch there were transportation engineers, life guards, recreation leaders, police officers, police dispatchers, city planners, and even the Chief of Police.....which was my kindred spirit? Who bought the beaded ArtYarn just for me? A police officer....OH MY GOSH....there was no way....All I could say was, "You must have had help!" "You could not have walked into a knitting shop and purchased beaded ArtYarns" His reply, "This was super fun, and your reactions were a hoot - and you really took that yarn to Portland?" Live and learn.... and I hope he is my Secret Pal next year...look at the darling gift he gave me at lunch - even a knitting travel case...I love this guy!

1 comment:

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

I can only imagine all the giggles and laughter at that luncheon! Very, very fun!