Monday, September 26, 2011

Silk cuffs ~

I'm using the same pattern on these cuffs as I did for the Hazel Knits socks for my oldest daughter, as I mentioned here. Since this silky malabrigo is not plied, it is a bit trickier to do the knitted stitch TW2R, which I just learned for the other sock cuff. When I knit 2 together, then leave them on the left needle and then knit 1 stitch from those two, I sometimes catch part of the other stitch in this K1. I didn't think that a no-ply yarn would have some downsides, but only for this stitch!Otherwise, they are looking lovely, and I'm still dazzled by the colors. Seems this is the only knitting I've done this weekend, with small bits on a few other projects, just to see them in the daylight...Do you ever feel like casting on all your favorite yarns at one time.... just to see how they cast on, and how the colors work with the pattern? I'm having troubles not casting on everything...I think that means I need to knit a bit each day so I'm not crazy in knitting withdrawal by the end of the week...

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Congrats to the athlete !!!

I never think to cast on all my yarns...gasp....we are so polar opposite it is funny! I am horribly monogamous with my knitting .......
takes all kinds momma always says

me said...

Kathy,
thanks for your comments - fun to think of monogamous knitting, but my fantasy thoughts always turn to "what would that yarn look like as socks" "how would it look as a shawl" and I cast them all on to see how the colors flow and stitches purrrrrr, and then I get back to reality without casting on anything!!! :) Thankfully there are all kinds of knitters!!!