Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bitten again by Jitterbug ~

Do you have a certain yarn that you can't resist? (silly question, eh?!!) No matter where to see it, you have an almost visceral need to have it in your stash. Most of the time, there is some of that yarn on your needles, in a wonderful project that gives you such joy.... plus you have several finished objects in that yarn, yet you never tire of knitting with it.Jitterbug is that yarn for me....but not the "new" colors that are tonal and muted...oh, no...too tame... it is the older, vintage colorways that I love (Jitteryknitter is now shaking her head and saying, "no, no no!"). The colors just sing with happy sunshine, and the twist is the most excellent I've ever knit with - tight and even....oh, I do love this yarn!!Lucky for me, I found another skein of that vintage Jitterbug...just when #2 daughter had asked me to cast on my last of this Popsicle colorway....Isn't it so lovely?

4 comments:

Susie said...

Love those colors! If you're ever in need, check the destash group on Ravelry. I've found it a great source to find things that aren't easy to find.

kathy b said...

Yes I do have some yarn like that....and it is waiting in my stash...my new lornas laces...sock yarn...I cant wait to knit with it...
but alas I am a monogamous knitter and i have to finish my leg warmers first

me said...

ooooooohhhh, I didn't know about a destash group on Ravelry... Yikes!! Thanks for the tip, as one can't have too much of the yarn they love!!!

me said...

Lorna's Laces is great yarn, hmmmm, I do have some in my stash too that has been neglected recently! Thanks for the reminder of how great it is ~ I may have to think about casting on!