Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Real swatching ~

I have to admit that I'm pleased with my first yarn spun and plyed from my wee Pocket Wheel. After soaking and drying, then measuring how much I have from that first sample, I have 65 yards of Almost Real Yarn. Not sure what can be knit with just 65 yards, the Jitteryknitter said that fingerless gloves would be a good project. She said I should swatch to see what size needles, since my Almost yarn is still thick and thin....(but lovely, don't you think so?)So, using her size 4 needles, I am knitting a swatch...and this Almost yarn is behaving a lot like real yarn (imagine that!) and I'm having fun with this wee swatch!Not sure if 65 yards will be enough...now I have to find the pattern she was using for those fingerless gloves, as I can't recall how many to cast on....such fun!!!

No comments: