Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans' Day thanks ~

I would like to take today to thank my dad for his service to our country in WWII. I called him today to thank him again, as I call him every year on Veterans' Day and Memorial Day to thank him. I call him and mum many other times in the year, of course, but I always call dad on these special days of remembrance.I can't imagine what it would have been like to be shipped across the world to fight in a strange place, with service people I've just met. All of us fighting a terrible force that defies the human values that we have been raised with. All of us missing home, fighting a terrible terrible menace that caused such heartache in the world.Thanks dad, for fighting for us, and for future generations. (I love these pics from 1965 & 67!!)

2 comments:

kathy b said...

I cannot imagine what they had to go through overseas etc at such a young age! Hooray for your daddy o. Mine was in the Airforce during the Korean War

me said...

Hooray for your dad as well, and bless them all for serving for their generation, ours and their grandkids. So young, they are so young to be going through such ordeals.
Thanks for posting - you are a comfort!