Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cast on Koigu ~

Here is another cast on from Sock Summit 2011. Although I should be knitting on my Christmas projects, I was feeling very frustrated since I wasn't finding any time for knitting, so I decided I needed to cast on some socks. Even as I write that last sentence, I know it doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't I be farther with my Christmas knitting if I kept knitting on it, even if I only have a few minutes? Well, perhaps.........however.......casting on feels so good, like a battery recharger for the knitting soul....Plus I kept wondering what this yarn would look like in knitted fabric....the lady buying some next to me at Sock Summit says it looks great and polka dotted, so there is that mystery solving piece going on here, too...When number #1 daughter saw them (she knows they are for her, as she "called dibbs" on the yarn when it came back from Sock Summit) she said, "Oh, Yea! I can't wait to have a new pair of your knitted socks!"

No comments: