Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beginning a blanket ~

I know what you're thinking....

What are you thinking?
Didn't you just cast off your mum's blanket?
Are you ready to be committed to another blanket?
Starting a project like this so close to Christmas?
What about the Christmas gifts you're knitting?


It would appear that I've cast on for a baby blanket, for our dear friends that were married a few summers ago here. They are expecting their first child in July ~ how exciting! I just couldn't resist casting on....(really now, be honest, could you resist?)


My fingers and eyes were getting a wee bit tired of knitting socks tonight, so I cast on with size 11 needles. I'm using Comfort Bulky, and the pattern Zig and Zag Pram Blanket by Debbie Orr and have only knit a few rows. Very nontraditional yarn colors for a baby, but I like them since they are bright and happy....Joy, Joy, Joy.....
I'm really excited to try this new pattern as it has a stitch pattern that is new to me....I'll keep you posted on my success.... (now, back to knitting those socks for Christmas...)

No comments: