Friday, December 18, 2009

Creche Nativity ~

At a neighborhood holiday party this weekend, I had the most delightful jolt back through time. As I was standing at their fireplace getting our picture taken by the host, I saw a most amazing part of my past hanging on the wall of their entry way. It was a creche nativity scene made out of felt, almost exactly like the one my mum had made for our family 100 years ago, or, perhaps it was just 40 years ago?


I've only seen one other creche scene like this, and that is the one made by mum. What a delightfully small world sometimes! It was great fun to talk to the party hostess about making this creche scene with her mother many many years ago ~ cutting out the felt, sewing on the sequins and beads and lining up the scene just perfectly. I love holiday traditions!

No comments: