Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The crowd is on their feet ~

When I used to run races, and train for running races, I had a trick to get to the finish line. As soon as I was in the last mile, I would start to imagine A Big Race, with tons of people along the roadsides. I imagine that I can see the balloons of the Finish Line, I can hear the crowd cheering, "GO GO GO" and I pick up the pace. I hear the announcer stating that a world's record could occur right now, in front of this crowd. The crowd is electrified, they are on their feet and stamping and clapping and yelling, "Whoo Hoo ~ Go Go GO!" and I kick in for the sprint to the Finish Line, past the arch of balloons, past the crowd of photographers......and there is the Finish Line under my feet, behind me.... and I've finished and I'm so-very-happy to be done and exhilarated at my finish.....

Only 5 more rows to knit for mum's blanket ~ I can hear the crowd stomping and cheering!

I'm so close to being done!!!!

No comments: