Saturday, December 19, 2009

Heritage day ~

This could also be called, "Why I didn't knit tonight" but I thought I'd lead with a positive statement of heritage...how am I doing so far? The 6th graders are celebrating Heritage Week this week, and on Friday they are all bringing in food from their countries. Sweetie E picked Finland, since her dad is Finnish. So today we are making Nisu for her class project. Nisu is Finnish sweet yeast bread with cardamon spice within ~ extremely wonderful bread. I'm not sure why I am helping her, as I am not Finnish, however I do make great bread... (of course I know why I am helping her!!)


and we had fun.....in the picture below, you can see my mum's wonderful bread bowl that works like a charm! It is a 'real' bread bowl with that beautiful brown stripe...

some laughs as well....hey, check out her apron, as I made it years ago when I was a quilter....


yummy, I can almost smell the fresh baked bread!

No comments: