Sunday, December 13, 2009

Those darn socks ~

My sweetie H had a bit of a crisis the other day as she wanted to wear her cozy warm yellow alpaca silk (Debbie Bliss) socks to school as it was below 20 degrees outside... and she ripped a small hole in the heel on the door sill... and she was mad...as she loves these socks. These socks were my birthday socks from a few years ago, as I always start a project on my birthday, so I can always refer to it as "my birthday socks" or "my birthday hat" although the last few years (2009 and 2008) have been "birthday socks" and they are always a great way to celebrate my birthday all year.



I've never darned a sock, and now wished I would have asked Marion move details about her "darn it" class at Sock Summit... but I did not...



But, I think I did ok...even though there are no directions in my Knitters Companion (which was a sad surprise, as I thought everything was supposed to be in there!?) I would show you the final darning job, but sweetie H is wearing them already....so that is good news!!!

No comments: