Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fran is a genius ~

I have not actually met Fran, but I read her post on Knitter's Review this Friday. Fran has an amazing idea of knitting for 10 minutes a day on a project that has you stalled or bored...it is a great idea, and here it is in its entirety, taken from Knitter's Review. If any of you know Fran, please tell her she is my new hero.....(plus, she only allows herself 6 projects going at a time, what strength of character!)

Dear Patience,
You could always try my old trick. It has served me well for many years. Just pick out the one, two, or three, that you feel you have to finish first. Then the rule is that you must knit on them for either 5 minutes or 10 minutes every day until they are finished. After that time you can knit on anything you like. It is surprising how fast you can get things finished with just 10 minutes a day and you usually don't get bored or overwhelmed with just 10 minutes of a task. Even when you are tired late at night, you can still do 10 minutes. Add it up, that is 5 hours a month.With 10 WIP, I think I would first decide which ones would do better in the frog pond. That is the fastest way to finish a project. Don't feel bad, I've know knitter's who had over 50 projects going and they still got them all finished......10 minutes at a time. I limit myself to 6 at once and can't start more until one is finished.
Fran

P.S. I think I will start this wise 10 minute rule with my Central Park Hoodie...it will take me the first 10 minute to figure out where and how I stopped on the hood!

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh I like this idea. Just 10 little minutes a day......There is a second sock waiting for me. There is also a lace scarf waiting for me. Hmmmmm. 10 whole minutes????

linda said...

what a great idea... i'll give it a go :) but only having six projects on the go... now thats a toughie!!

love your blog, linda :)