Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Stanley this year ~

We interrupt the Webs Parade for this breaking news:
Stanley is leaving Detroit this year, as the Red Wings lost game 7 of the series. They didn't play with the energy and magic we've seen in their home games, and they couldn't get their momentum going. The guys we count on for those clutch plays just couldn't produce, and it was a frustrating loss in Hockey Town. I'm going to look forward to bringing back Stanley next year.

I did some knitting on the very fuzzy white & purple scarf, as the sweetie from Ravelry sent me a skein of the Patons I needed... more on that later.

Speaking of Stanley, last year (2008) my man and I were able to get tickets to a series game. We were thrilled, and when I walked into the arena and saw HOCKEY TOWN on the ice, it gave me goose bumps! Then Stanley started coming down from the ceiling and we knew we were in for a game we would never forget.... and Red Wings won that night... what a great night for Red Wings...and they won the Stanley Cup that year. Here are great pictures of Stanley, courtesy of mackie's photobucket: (gotta love Stanley ~ I'm sure he's coming back to Detroit next year!)


No comments: