Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time for heel turn ~

Finally, it is time for the heel turn on these tofutsies. For some reason, this yarn is not as fun to work with as I would like. I love the colors, however the yarn is like string. Not really as soft and tactile as I like to knit with, so I am not magnetized to keep working on these socks so I can continue to feel the soft and luscious yarn. After talking with my friend from kindergarten, Deb, she said, "Just keep knitting on them" and she's just finished a beautiful pair of tofutsie socks as well... so I'm going to keep knitting on them, and perhaps I have them done by Sock Summit in August....but, no guarantees.....

Deb is also a big fan of Queen Kahuna sock construction.

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

well, they look good so far!!

good luck with that heel turn :) I don't have any experience with socks, but I've heard scary things about bad heel turns!