Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cashmere camping ~

Note: back from the Sock Summit to resume our camping knitting...
The thought of camping and the thought of cashmere do not completely go together... camping makes me think of back to nature, and sleeping bags and getting a bit dirty with sand and grit... and cashmere is soft and delicate and beautiful and elegant.... so let's cast on a hat out of 100% cashmere....ok? This is the Windy City hat, again, as I have 2 kids that are interested in a Windy City hat for their future... and I've wanted to cast on this yarn since I first bought it from Webs. (I need to check the label for the brand name, as it escapes me now)


beautiful color.... and soft too....


and there's sweet Guinevere in the background...(you didn't expect her to swim with her chain mail & axe, did you?)


the hat is looking good, yet I won't be done today......


Thank heavens we'll be at the river again soon......

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

these pictures were so cute :) looks like you and your knitting had a great time!!