Thursday, August 6, 2009

River knitting tools ~

You may be wondering what tools one needs to river knit successfully. Good question. I've been river knitting for a few years now, and this is what I have learned.


I have a neck band that folks use for their ID cards, notably mine is very cool ~ Red Wings Hockey Champions! I have scissors, a measuring tape, darning needle and row counter attached. also, a cold Diet Coke in a Sloppy Joe's holder (from my Florida life) is an important tool as well.

I also have the pattern in a plastic envelope and a green/blue waterproof bag with a zipper (seen in the bottom right corner of this picture) so that nothing can fall out if the bag lands in the water....

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Um.... You have thought of EVERYTHING! Let no activity be unfit for knitting!

Anonymous said...

Haha, now I know what to do with my SS09 neck band! Great tip.