Saturday, August 8, 2009

Gator river dance ~

I started a special hat for my brother. To most people, he is a great guy ~ the best in all ways. I know the real secret ~ he is Superman (I know, I shouldn't tell everyone, right?) but, the fact is that he is Superman. So, you might ask if Superman really needs a hat? Good question. However this is more of an "I love you" type hat, and not one of need or utility. I decided to make one with Gator colors as his amazing son just graduated from there... and it would make him smile (I think) to be wearing a Gator's hat this winter while his son is working hard in San Francisco...(and probably not needing a Gator hat there... but maybe?). Anyway, this hat is knit with Mirasol Miski as the navy blue ~ so soft and wonderful to work with ~ a real dream of a yarn... and the orange is Cascade Cloud 9, another favorite yarn of mine.... Here is the river dance of the Gator hat (pattern is the Chocolate goes right to your ribs).

Here is the beginning....

Taking shape with the orange addition....


Beautiful with the rapids in the background...


Have to stop now as I can't see the stitches in the campfire light...

Working on the decreases in the morning....

Casting off on the second day of camping....
it is beautiful!

No comments: