Monday, August 17, 2009

River lace ~

As you may recall, I scored some great bamboo & silk yarn (Ella Rae) during my Sisters vacation. I decided that I needed to use it at the river, so I cast on a classic favorite pattern of mine, the Windy City hat. The first one I knit was for my sister's friend, Anna. While I had my kids modeling the finished hat for the blog, they both asked, "Is this for me?" so I promised them that there would be a Windy City hat in their future.... this might be that future...

here is the beginnings..... by the campfire....cast on before dark....

it is looking very good here....in the daylight!


I love knitting lace as it adds interest....

or is it the river that is adding interest?


I have to have the pattern handy to follow the lace pattern, lucky for me there are built in pattern holders with the river rocks....


nicely knit, eh?

Is this is going to take longer than one day to knit....

we're having fun swimming in the background....

good that I have some iced coffee to keep me knitting....


wow - I did finish this today! beautiful!!!

What project should I cast on now?!!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

That is one outstanding day's work, or play actually!