Monday, August 31, 2009

Sock Strategies ~

For a few years, my sock strategy has been: 1) cast on one sock and knit until the toe increase is complete, then; 2) cast on the other sock, and knit #2 sock until the toe increase is complete, and then; 3) put both socks on one set of circular needles and knit them both until complete. Well, I knew there was a way (many ways, probably) to cast them both on at once on circular needles. However, I've not had the patience to read all the directions...but after doing Judy's cast on so many times since the Sock Summit, it came to me how I could do them both at once.




So I tried the technique with new Sock Summit yarn called Crimson Sun by J.L. Yarnworks. Those of us that know...we know that this yarn is called Harry Potter's Gryffindor House. The technique worked pretty well, but still one glitch to re-figure...

No comments: