Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cast off to Cast on ~

My sweet E picked out a lovely Sock Summit yarn for her first pair of socks knit by mom...it is by Laughing Rat on etsy, and the color is Supernova. The yarn is beautiful and a lovely twist, reminding me of my beloved Jitterbug yarn. Well, since I only have two sets of size #1 turbo circulars, I realized that I needed to finish my tofutsies before I could cast on the Supernova socks...such motivation!!! The alternative would be to buy or borrow another set of size #1...but I didn't want to go that easy route!)








So, the first project camping was finishing my tofutsies.....



they look so beautiful at the river....




I made a lot of progress... finished the first one ~ Hurrah!!!



then finished the second one ~ Hurrah!! Hurrah!!


Lovely, eh?!!!
and ready to cast on....stay tuned...

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Wow, they do look lovely at the river.
You are a wonderful knitter.

Your Mad socks are darling too. Great cheery colors. FUnny in winter I knit loud colors and in summer I usually seek subdued colors.