Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Knitting ~

I have a wonderful birthday tradition. I cast on a project on my birthday, and then it becomes, "my birthday socks" or "my birthday hat" or "my birthday slippers" for its entire on-the-needles life. Somehow it makes the project more special for me. Last year we had a wonderful family road trip birthday that was perfect in every way, and when we arrived home long after our wonderful dinner, there was a package at the door...yarn that I'd ordered a few weeks before, and oh-so-lovely.....so I cast on "birthday socks" out of buttery yellow alpaca.... Since I've recently cast on four pairs of socks (due to the inspiration of the Sock Summit) I'm wondering which lovely Sock Summit yarn should be cast on as my birthday socks this year....







Sweetgeorgia yarns in Afterglow ~ beautiful peach, pink and yellow...



Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in a lovely orange Tropicana...friend JitteryKnitter especially encouraged me to buy this yarn.....




Cidermoon's Banana Cabana sunshine yellows.....



Artsygal Handpaints with Merino and Tencel..in lovely yellows and greens, but no name...



Madelinetosh's Pool....a beautiful blend of dark teal, greens and black....luscious....




A mystery yarn, no tag....of greens and a bit of cranberry.....



Rio de la Plata called Multicolor...with beautiful variations......



Which would you choose for a birthday cast on?

No comments: