Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Knitting ~

My oldest daughter becomes even older this week, as her birthday is on Wednesday. I'm not sure where the time goes, yes ~ such a cliche, but still the years have gone by so fast it seems. We have a lot of fun together (I think) and have a lot of laughs as well. I noticed that she has been wearing my silk scarf that I dyed at the Sewing Expo (taught by Roberta), plus she wore my knitted silk scarf to school this past week....interesting turn of events to have her wearing my creations. I asked if she would like me to knit her a scarf of her own for her birthday, and I showed her some yarn that I thought she would like... she liked it, but found another one in my stash that she liked better (I'm glad I asked for her opinion!) and I cast on.... Gosh, casting on is such a magical feeling, I really needed to cast on a new project this week!!! Ahhhh, like a breath of fresh air!!!

No comments: