Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Road Trip Cast On ~

We are in the middle of gardening heaven, and my man says, "I need to go to Home Depot, how soon can you be ready?" Well, I said, "10 minutes" knowing that I had nothing "easy" to knit in the car for the road trip... so I dashed downstairs to get the hand spun llama that I'd purchased in Sisters, Oregon, and grabbed my yellow needles and off we went. H had said this morning she'd like a scarf out of this, so that was good pre-planning on our part. What we hadn't planned that I'd get to cast on so quickly, as I'd not wound it into a ball yet. So we quickly wound up one of the two skeins of Candy Cane Llama... and this is what I was able to cast on and knit on the way to & from Home Depot...

Not bad, eh?

2 comments:

linda said...

ooo... that yan looks so scrummy! :)

Sarah Glova said...

gotta have a car trip project :) can't believe you got it ready in 10 minutes!

That yarn does look great!