Saturday, May 16, 2009

Local Yarn Store ~

My friend and I did some relaxing Tai Chi as part of our City's Wellness program today. We learned how to move slowly and breathe deeply and balance with intent and purpose. We were told to relax fully and focus on the smallest details of our movements, the air passing over our forearms, our shoulders dropping when relaxed, our fingers loose, our hip joint flexed, our balance even..... it was relaxing and we know we need to practice, as any good relaxation technique needs to be practiced.... as we left the gym with our water bottles, D says to me, "How about a trip to Cultured Purls on the way back to work?" Well, there is another relaxation technique that we need to keep practicing.... shopping in our local yarn store! She found the lace turbos she needed, and I found some red cashmere on sale and some creamy silk blend on sale! Practice makes perfect!

3 comments:

Eskän said...

Hey, could check out my blog? Thanks! :) Yours is cool!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Relaxing at the LYS....one of my favorite things!!! Well, that and cashmere....

Karin said...

Love relaxing at a yarn shop and the yarn you got looks yummy.

Karin