Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inspired by Ms M's Socks ~

Oddly enough, on Friday I was ever~so~close to knitting at work. Ms M was working on a pair of wee socks out of Cascade Fixation for sweet Sawyer. She was having trouble with the wrap & turn of the heel, as the pattern wasn't written clearly. On our lunch break, we went outside to the picnic table, under the sun umbrella and she knit while I read the directions. It was a great break, as really felt like we were getting out of the office and into a relaxing place. Ms M figured it out immediately, as she is incredibly bright in all these ways, including figuring out knitting techniques (I wished I had taken a video of how she knit the wee heel turn as it was something great to watch). I pondered heel turns for the rest of the work day, and pulled out my Tofutsies when I arrived home. I figured out that I stopped at the beginning of the gusset, so I pulled out my dearly loved Queen Kahuna book and started the gusset...

We call this Preparation for the Sock Summit

No comments: