Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another try ~

Remember I mentioned a glitch with my two-at-once Judy's cast on with the Harry Potter yarn from the Sock Summit? The glitch was a single purl row at the cast on first row. Well, it came to me that night what I should try in my next cast on of two-at-once...and Lo & Behold, I had more sock yarn with me on our camping trip, and "Voila" I had more needles too....you're not surprised? So, yes, in the name of this scientific research, the next morning I cast on another pair of socks... switching my technique to dropping the top needle and cable, and beginning to knit with the bottom needle (this will make sense if you try two-at-once).

The cast on turned out perfectly... I'm using some luscious yarn from my stash of a few years back. This was from an ebay seller from the UK....The Natural Dye Studio and oh-so-beautiful yarns they have!!!


The yarn is so soft, I'm wondering what took me so long to cast them on!!

2 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

That yarn does look soft!! I want a pillow out of it!! :) I'm loving your nature-scene pictures!

me said...

Thanks Sarah, I love your supportive comments!
I love your blog too, your yummy pictures look good enough to eat!! Bravo for great presents from sweethearts!!!