Sunday, September 20, 2009

Traffic Calming Device ~

Did you know that a roundabout is a traffic calming device? Meaning that the traffic slows as it moves around the roundabout, and cars and able to enter and exit the roundabout in smooth even speeds....Well, our fair city is in the middle of building a roundabout along the route I drive home...and...well, my typical 15 minute commute home the other night was over an hour. So, what did I do while stopped in traffic during the construction of this traffic calming device?


You guessed it.... I began knitting.... I know that text messaging from the drivers' seat is illegal, but not knitting....(yet!) So, always keep some knitting in the car, just in case!!!! Does this count as Road Trip Knitting???

2 comments:

the platts said...

LOL...i'm with you on this one! I too have been known to knit just about anywhere! Thanks for checking out my blog...not about knitting but i am a knitting addict too....my kids call me the hat lady as i have a fondness for knitting them. I'm enjoying your blog!

kathy b said...

Oh yeah! there is NO law re: knitting in traffic. I love it.